Staying With Your Affiliate
Global Finals 2014 will be the biggest ever! Here are a few suggestions to consider as you plan for housing.
- If you requested a hotel, one will be provided. Please plan to achieve an average occupancy of no fewer than 3 people per room.
- If you requested a hotel and are not staying with your Affiliate, it is likely you will NOT be housed in the downtown hotels. Those are being used for Affiliate Housing.
- We were NOT able to accommodate most location request for hotels and rooms will be assigned based on availability when you arrive. The location of your hotel will not be available until you arrive.
- If you are staying in a residence hall, linens are provided but you may want to bring your favorite pillow and towels for the pool. Residence halls have cable connections, but do not have televisions or phones.
- Any issues you have with your assigned space should first be addressed to the front desk. Additional assistance can be provided by dialing 865-974-0263.
- Shuttle buses are provided from each of the 25 locations used to house teams.
- If you have a special dietary restriction, please contact your cafeteria manager and advise them of your special need at your first meal.
- Teams arriving late on Wednesday may be accommodated in an alternate housing location. Every attempt will be made to keep Affiliates together. Your flexibility is appreciated.
Teams requesting hotel housing will not be housed with their Affiliate unless their Affiliate is housed in a hotel. Affiliate housing will encompass all residence hall space and most, if not all, of the downtown hotel properties. Teams that request hotel housing will most likely be assigned to properties outside the downtown area. If you are requesting hotel housing, your entire group must arrive on the same day. We cannot guarantee placement in any particular hotel. We will do our best to accommodate all special needs, but we cannot guarantee specific hotel requests. All hotels will have event sponsored transportation to and from the event continuously from early morning until late evening.
If you have special circumstances that make hotel housing better for your group, you can note this requirement as you register. We can guarantee you a hotel space, but you will not be housed with teams from your Affiliate if they are housed in residence hall space.
Choosing Room Assignments for Your Team Members
Team Managers will make specific housing assignments in consultation with UT Registration staff when the team arrives at Global Finals. However, it is helpful to plan your rooming list in advance. Confer with the team members and their parents if you wish, but you, as Team Manager, should have the final say about who rooms with whom. Remind the team members that they will usually only be in their rooms to sleep and change clothes; the rest of the time they are usually out enjoying the campus and other team Presentations. You and the parents are better judges than the team members of who should room with whom.
Stay flexible! Please be prepared to adjust your room assignments once you receive your on-site accommodations. No matter how well you plan room assignments, they may need to be changed if the room configuration your team is given requires it. Please be prepared to be flexible, and keep in mind that more than 10,000 other people are also being housed!
Team Hotel Housing
Below is a list of each hotel housing venue currently scheduled for use during Global Finals. University personnel assign housing based on Affiliate participation. Teams cannot request a particular residence hall or hotel and may check the Global Finals website approximately one week before Globals to see whether their Affiliate has been assigned to a residence hall or hotel.
If your team is assigned to a hotel, please plan to achieve an average occupancy of three people per room (e.g., a team of 6 people would receive 2 rooms to use as they wish, and a team of 9 people would receive 3 rooms). In cases where there are extra paid people, a limited number of roll-away beds are available to increase room occupancy.
Breakfast is provided at all hotels, lunch is provided at the event and some dinners will be at the hotel, while others will be served at the event.
Check out time for hotels is 11:00 a.m.
Residence Hall Housing
Below is a list of residence halls currently scheduled for use during Global Finals. University personnel assign housing based on Affiliate participation. Teams cannot request a particular residence hall or hotel. Teams may check the Global Finals website approximately one week before Global Finals to see whether their Affiliate has been assigned to a residence hall or hotel.
If your team is assigned to a residence hall, please plan to group your team members in groups of two to four. If you have fewer than two in your room assignments, you should be prepared to have roommates from another team. If your group has more than four people who wish to stay together, roll-away beds are available to increase room occupancy.
Check out time for residence halls is 10:00 a.m.